Egomet

March 25, 2005

Volcanoes....

Are we restful volcanoes waiting for a moment to explode??? I don't know but it seems so. I believe that there is a volcano inside each of us...some are extinct...but others don't, they are just falling asleep and when we less expect they explode. I see lava as our anger when we get mad about something. I argue for self-control, but not always it is possible. The way I perceive life and everything around me depends somehow on the way I deal with people around me and with things which happen to people I like. It truly messes me when something is not the way I thought it to be. But...all these things are part of ourselves, in the sense that they always teach us something. I must confess, as well, that curiosity rules my life...in the sense that all the time I want to learn something new. I disapprove monotony...calmness...absolute quietness...I need something pushing me to somewhere, and I believe this has to do with my need of some healthy stress...excitation on doing something I like. I need to feel I like what I am doing...otherwise I get disappointed with myself. I never get satisfied with something I did...all the time I want more...I want the best...I truly want to improve my performance.
However....sometimes things are not the way I expected them to be, and I believe it is so due to my own behavior. We can always improve.

"What is life?"
"Resembles Life what once was held of Light,
Too ample in itself of human sight?
An absolute Self - an element ungrounded
All, that we see, all colours of all shade

By encroach of darkness made?
Is very life by consciousness unbounded?
And all the thoughts, pains, joys of mortal breath,
A war-embrace of wrestling Life and Death?"

Samuel Coleridge (1805)

Egomet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home