Egomet

April 26, 2005

Tatuagens

With all my strenghts I wish I was able to fly, to float, to breath under water, to curse more than I do, to feel passion, to reject passion, to fall in love, to reject love, to scream louder, the be silent more often than I am, to speak all the time, to laugh more regularly, to cry less regularly, to be stronger, to be weaker, to read people’s mind, to read my own mind, to learn more and more and more…till the day I am sure I know nothing….I wish I could be absolutely open minded to let things happen and not to make them happen….sometimes I feel I must do something….that I cannot just wait for something to happen...
This is somehow senseless because we all know there are many many things which happen to us and we do not control them….something else controls these events, but not ourselves. However, simultaneously I feel “I’m waiting for my moment” (“Temptation waits” performed by Garbage), but while waiting I deeply know that “there’s so much at stake I can’t afford to waste”….where is my point of balance??? I don’t know yet…probably I haven’t found it yet…or am I paranoid…probably I need my head to be crashed by a hammer, to be less heavy, and then I will wake up and realize that my point of balance was present all the time….I feel fine, but the fact is that all the mystery carried along with our existence intrigues me too much that I am sure that if someone would give me the opportunity to solve all the mysteries I would refuse such an opportunity….existing, and sometimes living, along with a mystery is too good to be wasted….I need to be shaken…I can’t stand still….movement is such a wonderful thing…..all kinds of movement…
I realized now this post makes no sense….is too absurd, but I'm going to publish it anyway because according to Miguel de Cervantes…“In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.”


I leave you with a wonderful lyric from an amazing album I started to discover a few days ago….the lyrics tell so much in a few words….


“Is simplicity best
Or simply the easiest
The narrowest path
Is always the holiest
So walk on barefoot for me
Suffer some misery
If you want my love
If you want my love

Man will survive
The harshest conditions
And stay alive
Through difficult decisions
So make up your mind for me
Walk the line for me
If you want my love
If you want my love

Idle talk
And hollow promises
Cheating judases
Doubting thomases
Don't just stand there and shout it
Do something about it

You can fulfil
Your wildest ambitions
And I'm sure you will
Lose your inhibitions
So open yourself for me
Risk your health for me
If you want my love
If you want my love
If you want my love
If you want my love”

“Judas” performed by Depeche Mode in the Album Songs of Faith and Devotion.

Egomet

1 Comments:

  • Ao contrario do que possas pensar, leio todos os posts q publicas. Achei engraçado já teres publicado a letra Judas dos DM...no entanto parece-me ainda mt fresco, este disco, para já teres uma opinião emocional formada sobre o album na totalidade e mesmo sobre temas em particular...deixa que eles te toquem, que se integrem, que se fundam, mimetizem e voltem a despoletar...aí sim,verás qual é a frase, em conjunto com determinada nota, que te vai dar aquele calafrio pelas costas.
    Xavier

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, April 27, 2005 1:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home